Another brilliant Parent Voice session took place on the 29th of November with over 60 parents in attendance. We discussed the role of British Values and our school vision, aims and ethos.
- You were very happy that the British Values were taught but they weren't only specific to Britain but could be celebrated through a multicultural event or celebration
- Pupil Voice is a good way of promoting the British Values but some of you said you or your children didn't know about these groups
- You had lots of ideas around our vision and aims
- Signed up for national refugee week 18th-24th of June 2018 and we are discussing with school Council what they'd like to do
- On 22nd of January and every 4th week of each new term will be a pupil voice assembly in which all our pupil voice groups share what they are doing. Each group will put out a flyer to parents each academic year, updating you on what action they have seen
- The ideas have been presented to SLT and Mr Gorton for consideration as we create an updated vision and aims. Your quotes will be included when we finalise and publish this document on the website.
If you are reading this as a parent of a child at Shakespeare Primary School, please plan to join us along with Councillor Khan and guests from Leeds University at 8:45am on 24th January 2018. Mr Gorton will be giving an update in the new build and we will discuss mental health.