Letter to Parents re: COVID-19
Dear Parents and Carers
I write with regard to the current situation with coronavirus (COVID-19) and the actions we are taking to prevent it from spreading.
As of 10 March 2020, there are no cases or suspected cases of COVID-19 in school and a small number of confirmed cases of the virus in Leeds.
We have received many comments and calls to the school office from concerned parents and carers asking if school will be remaining open. The Department for Education have confirmed that no school should close in response to a suspected (or confirmed) COVID-19 case, unless advised to do so by Public Health England. We will update you if this advice changes.
The guidance for helping to prevent the spread of infection (of coronavirus and other viruses) includes a strong focus on hygiene. The actions we are taking are as follows:
- asking children and staff to thoroughly wash their hands with soap and water at regular and appropriate times of the day
- asking children and staff to cough or sneeze into a tissue, put the tissue in the bin and then wash their hands.
To support this, we have ordered and supplied tissues and hand sanitizer for use in school. We have also put relevant information up around school to inform parents and to remind to children and staff about the focus on hygiene.
If you require any further information the Government have pointed us towards the following online advice:
- Updates on COVID-19: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Guidance for educational settings: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-educational-settings-about-covid-19
- List of countries and areas with implications for travellers or visitors:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-specified-countries-and-areas
- Travel advice for those travelling and living overseas: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
- Hand hygiene messages: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/public-information-campaign-focuses-on-handwashing
Please ensure you stay familiar with, and follow, the current advice provided by Public Health England.
We will continue to keep you updated by text and letter.
Thank you for your support.