Parent Voice - January 2020 Review
Our Parent Voice group continues to grow every month!
On Wednesday 22nd January we hosted a record 130 (yes, one hundred and thirty!) parents. Thank you to every parent who came to contribute your ideas and listen to what we wanted to share. Your contributions make a real difference in school, and we really value your time.
- You’d like to volunteer and run a lost property pound shop to rehome and recycle lost property that had been ‘homeless’ for more than 6 weeks
- You’d like use of our school library
- You’d like a text and email communication system and less letters!
- We hosted our first lost property shop and raised £40!
- We talked about in the session and will get back to you with our plans soon
- We have found a great communication system and are getting to work at rolling it out
We asked parents to share some ideas about how we could run a family library to suit the needs of our parents. Lots of ideas were shared and we look forward to responding and having our first session later this term.
Mr Annis-Brown shared about the new home learning app, ‘Numbots’. This is designed to support children with their mental calculation skills. Each child’s log in is the same as Times Tables Rock Stars.
Louise from the High Rise Project shared about how parents can get involved in creating a mural for the playground on Lindsey Gardens. For more information please see Mrs Wilson
We plan to meet at 8:45am Wednesday 11th March and we welcome all parents. We will be discussing the topic of school food and there will be more community visitors sharing what opportunities are offered in our local area.
For those who are unable to attend but would like to contribute on this half term’s topics, please send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, thank you for your support. We are looking forward to the next one already!